Causes of pear leaf yellowing
When the leaves of a pear turn yellow - this is the first sign of the disease.
Causes of pear leaf yellowing
Gardeners sound the alarm - if something in the garden grows poorly or does not give the proper harvest. But there are several reasons from which
Causes of Yellowing Leaves
When growing pears, summer residents often find that the leaves turn yellow and fall, the tree is almost "bare", although the middle of summer. Negative care or pest attack can affect green cover. There may be several reasons:
- The lack of minerals in the soil - the soil on which the pear grows, is a very important element in the life of the plant. Magnesium, potassium and iron - provide a green color, it is these elements that contribute to the exchange of chlorophyll.
- Irregularity of watering - if a plant lacks water, then it will not be able to absorb nutrients from the soil. But if watering is carried out in dry and hot weather, then the leaves can get sunburn.
- Mosaic - a disease that affects the leaves, they become covered with yellow spots. The leaf cover changes color from bright green to light yellow.
- Hit of herbicides - when treated from pests or diseases, with chemicals, residues can fall on the leaves, which causes their premature death.
- Earth pests - moles can damage the root system and cause yellowing.
- Deepening of the roots - if, when planting, the seedlings were planted very deep, and the root neck was 10-15 cm below the soil line, the tree gradually weakens, the crown turns yellow, and it ceases to bear fruit.
- Scab - the development of this disease entails yellowing and falling of leaves. The deciduous cover, after the buds are completely opened, is affected by the disease and begins to become stained.
- Chlorosis is a disease caused by long droughts, soil flooding and leaching of organic and mineral substances. The first action of the gardener should be the choice of the right fertilizing.
- Ticks - the crown can change color and fall off after ticks appear. These small pests feed on the juice of young, still green leaves and are not afraid of pesticides.
- Moniliosis is a dangerous disease in which the crown not only turns yellow, but the branches and trunk also dry. It is necessary to carry out chemical treatment immediately after flowering so that this fungal disease does not appear.
If the leaves turn yellow on the pear, we can say that one of the above reasons affected the plant .. And if the problem manifested itself in young trees, then you need to check if the trunk is damaged or perhaps the tree froze due to low temperatures.
Affected areas must be removed.
Ways to combat yellowing of leaves in a pear:
- If there is a lack of iron and potassium, it is necessary to feed. It is best to fertilize with Bordeaux liquid, vitriol and potash fertilizers in early spring and autumn.
- When a pear grows on soils with high acidity, it may lack magnesium. To fill the soil with the necessary elements, you need to make wood ash, dolomite flour and various mineral fertilizers. It is better to combine potassium and magnesium fertilizing, then fertilizers are better absorbed.
- If the weather is very dry, then the pear should be watered once a month. But if the soil is mixed with sand or the temperature exceeds 32 degrees, then the amount of watering should be increased.
- But if the crown turns yellow from the mosaic, then the plant may die. This disease is not treatable, so the affected branches and other parts of the plant need to be cut and burned. And if necessary, you need to cut and the whole tree.
Pear care is a set of actions, and to know what we are doing wrong, you need to constantly monitor the condition of the branches and leaves, because if the leaves of the pear turn yellow, you need to save the plant at the first stage of the disease.
It is possible to prevent the occurrence of diseases by treating pests and diseases on time. The most common reasons that some leaves of a pear turn yellow is a mosaic and aphid disease.
Of course, when buying seedlings, you need to check their condition and know the seller, otherwise the plant cannot be saved from mosaic disease. When you need to plant a pear, you need to check the quality of the grafting material. When trimming, the tools should be clean, even sterile.
Aphids spread very quickly in the garden, so when it appears, you need to immediately destroy it. Be sure to carry out spraying with chemical agents. You can also use folk remedies: a solution of tar soap, tobacco, garlic, in order to reduce the number of aphids in the garden, if it has already appeared.
Aphids are also carried by ants that need to be destroyed. Can be prepared for small pests of bait from millet, boric acid and sugar. Effective chemicals against ants or traps for them. All this can be purchased in stores or made at home from improvised means.
If the leaves of a garden pear turn yellow, you need to immediately find the cause and try to eliminate it. Adhering to the simple rules of care, you can never encounter diseases and pests.