Causes of the appearance of white leaves in pepper
Pepper contains a large number of vitamins and minerals, so it has a beneficial effect on the human body. It is customary to add to various dishes, as well as eat fresh and canned. Many gardeners cultivate pepper and know that the vegetable is demanding in care. Such a problem as white leaves in pepper is a fairly common phenomenon, so it is important to know how to prevent the disease and cure it.
White pepper leaves
The reasons for the appearance of white leaves
Why do leaves of pepper turn white? Basically, white leaves appear on pepper after transplanting seedlings into the ground. There are several reasons for this disease.
To begin with, the gardener must review the conditions for growing the vegetable and understand whether he complied with all the necessary rules when leaving.
In addition, the formation of white leaves may be due to the strong sun. Staying in direct sunlight for long periods can cause severe burns. You can not irrigate the plant at lunchtime, because the residual liquid on the leaves of pepper can form spots.
The reason may be the recent picking of seedlings at a constant place of growth, without special preparation.
If all the norms of cultivation and maintenance are met, and the leaves do not stop whitening, then, most likely, fungal and infectious diseases attacked the plant.
If the pepper seedlings began to turn white, then this is most likely due to viral infections. Often, pepper seedlings are affected by the following diseases:
- withering leaves - verticillus and fusarium;
- spotting is white;
- white rot;
- gray rot;
- late blight;
- cladosporiosis and alternariosis.
This disease appears due to infection of seedlings with rot. Rot can attack not only seedlings, but also planted pepper bushes in a greenhouse or in an open area. It appears in the ground and goes to the plant itself. Perhaps the disease remained from the old crop or transmitted through seeds. The black leg appears due to poor ventilation in the greenhouse and due to the dense planting of seedlings.
The fungus begins to go from the stem, gradually turns into a dark color, as a result, the vegetable dies. To cure this disease, you need to examine the foliage every day, because the timely detection of the disease will help save the crop. When the gardener saw the presence of the disease, he should water the plant with a solution of potassium permanganate and, if necessary, thin out it. It is worth paying attention that the top layer of the earth should not be constantly wet, as this is the most favorable environment for the appearance of fungus. It is necessary to ventilate the greenhouse from time to time.
Verticileosis is a virus that appears due to the presence of bacteria. If the leaves of the pepper are white, then the plant lacks nitrogen. If the pepper variety is planted imported, then the disease will kill him in about a week. The first sign of an ailment is a small number of fruits. And those that could appear are quite small in size and without seeds inside.
If this ailment appeared on a vegetable crop, then it will be impossible to cure it, so the gardener must very quickly remove the plant from the garden, and it is better to burn it. For prevention, it is necessary to comply with all crop rotation conditions and try to cultivate the land.
Withering at the first stages of infection is almost impossible to see. The disease becomes visible when the first fruits appear. The foliage on the bush begins to curl, turns yellow and fades. There is no point in starting a cure for the disease, because the plant will die anyway. Carefully dig out the diseased bush and then burn it.
Since it is impossible to cure the disease, preventive measures can be taken. It is necessary to keep the bed always clean, and before planting the seeds are soaked in Fundazol.
First, the disease attacks the roots of the plant, after which the leaves begin to turn white. This happens not only if the seedlings are in the greenhouse, but also if they are planted in an open area. If the disease is not treated, the virus will infect the fruits and shoots themselves.
The ailment mainly occurs due to strong moisture and heat, so the gardener must process the planting material before planting. It is also necessary to control the cleanliness of the site.
Alternariosis is a virus that is often called dry spotting. It is expressed as spots on foliage. The infection appears due to the formation of a fungus that is capable of multiplying by spores. The cause of the ailment can be sudden changes in temperature, a dry climate or the formation of night dew.
To protect the plant, it must be treated with a special tool, and dig up a sick bush and burn it.
The appearance of spots of brown or light shade is due to strong humidity in the greenhouse. The fungus attacked the plant, which is why spotting appeared.
If the disease began to manifest itself, it is necessary to reduce the number of watering. It must be remembered that before clamping vegetables, the land is cultivated.
If the humidity is high enough and the air temperature is 20 ° C, gray rot appears. The disease completely covers the bush, pepper, foliage and stem.
In appearance it is rot of a gray color. So that the disease does not appear, it is contraindicated to plant vegetables tightly to each other.
When the leaves on the seedlings are very white, it can also be due to white rot. The disease manifests itself in the form of white spots on the foliage, and then completely kills all the plants. The reason for this is the density of vegetable bushes, increased humidity and acidic soil.
It is necessary to thin out bushes, control watering and prevent the plant from eating nitrogen fertilizers. If you follow the rules, white rot will not appear at all.
Late blight disease
Leaves indicate pepper condition
The ailment appears due to sudden changes in temperature. Often it can be found in the second half of summer. During this period it is very hot during the day and cool at night. The spots on the foliage can be white, brown and beige. Leaves gradually begin to become weak, fade and fall. As a result, the plant dies.
To avoid the appearance of the virus, preventive measures are taken. Observe the distance of the rows during planting, and also feed the soil with potash preparations.
Chlorosis is a disease that affects a vegetable crop, but it can be cured if noticed in time. You need to know why the disease began to affect the plant and what is best used to provide protection. The most famous causes of the disease:
- few nutrients - this is the most common cause of chlorosis, pepper lacks magnesium, zinc, lime, sulfur and iron;
- chlorosis can occur due to possible infections: the infection can be brought by insects that live on healthy pepper bushes;
- improper care of the plant, as well as planting: the roots may begin to rot due to lack of drainage;
- hereditary disease.
To begin the correct treatment, you need to determine the exact cause of the disease, and this is very difficult.
When the cause of the white leaves on the seedlings, on the bushes of peppers in the greenhouse and in the open ground is established, it is necessary to begin treatment. Often gardeners do not understand what to do when the leaves begin to lighten. For this, there are special chemicals that can help remove the disease. Below we consider those that distinguish among the most famous and most effective means.
- Alirin-B. This biological product helps with diseases of septoria, cladosporiosis, alternariosis and late blight. To use the product, it must be diluted in water. For 10 square meters. M. garden use 10 liters of water and 2 tablets of the drug. The tool must be used before planting seedlings in open ground. The solution is poured into the ground and mixed well. You can also add directly to the pit during planting. 300 g of solution are used in 1 pit, so 1 tablet of the drug is added to 1 liter of water. Many gardeners use the drug during the period of active growth of peppers. With the help of the drug, the bushes are fertilized 2 times a month with an interval of 4-6 days.
- Liquid Bordeaux. Helps to cope with various bacteria and fungi. To make a solution, you need to take 250 g of quicklime and add copper sulfate, 7-8 l of water. Before you start using the solution, mix well and filter with gauze. Gauze is stacked in 2 layers. If the solution is prepared correctly, it will be a light blue color. To check the solution, use a simple iron nail. It must be lowered into the liquid for 3-5 minutes. If the nail remains red, then the solution contains a lot of copper.
- Quadris SK. Apply the product when the pepper is already planted on the site. It is better to do this in the evening or early in the morning. Strong winds must be avoided. The product enters the leaves, penetrates deep into and protects them from fungal infection. The tool is made in the form of a solution. To prepare it, take 5 liters of water, add 300 g of the product. It is necessary to use the whole mixture 1 day after preparation.
- The drug is Trichodermin. This is a biological tool that helps to remove fungal infections. The drug consists of soil fungi - trichoderma. It is used after planting seedlings in open ground or in a greenhouse. To prepare the mixture, mix 1 liter of water with 10 g of the product. When the gardener pours pepper bushes, he completely pours the mixture under the root of each bush. The already prepared mixture is stored in a cold place for 1 month, it is possible in the refrigerator.
If the leaves began to turn white, then most likely the gardener is improperly caring for the crop or the pepper has become infected with one of the listed diseases. To get a good harvest, you need to pay more attention to the vegetable.
- In order for the plant to be strong and have good immunity to various infections and fungi, it is necessary to plant seedlings correctly and observe the timing of planting seeds and seedlings.
- Watering, loosening and top dressing should be done on time.
- Prepare the land for landing in advance, be sure to disinfect and fertilize.
- Soil acidity control and fertility control.
You also need to pay attention to the condition of the vegetable:
- carefully examine each plant for the presence of fungi and white spots - this will help to detect the disease at the initial stage and cure it;
- control the humidity in the greenhouse, it should not be very high;
- if a sick bush is found, it is immediately removed from the healthy ones and burned: if the disease has just appeared, you can simply tear off the sick leaves and conduct the treatment of the plant with copper;
- You also need to fertilize on time, observe the necessary growing conditions, air and moisture temperature, properly water, loosen the soil and remove weeds on the site.
You can remove white spots on foliage yourself using various means. The main thing is to detect the disease in time before it kills the entire crop. It is recommended that preventive measures be taken to prevent many diseases.