Carrot caviar for the winter - the most delicious recipes
It is not overseas, not eggplant, but also tasty and desirable. However, not all have tried it yet. But in vain! The taste of carrot caviar is complex, rich. Depending on the desire of the hostess, she can be tender and sweetish or spicy and spicy.
Caviar with onion, garlic and tomato paste
- Carrots - 1 kg (unpeeled)
- Onion - 500 g
- Garlic - 7 cloves (large)
- Tomato juice - 350 g or 3 tablespoons of tomato paste, diluted with 300 ml of water;
- Refined Sunflower Oil - 100 ml
- Vinegar - 50 ml (strength - 9%)
- Salt - 1 tsp. (large stone)
- Black pepper - 0.5 tsp.
- Dry cayenne pepper - 1 pinch (optional)
The yield of the finished product : about 1 liter.
If you are cooking for the first time, it is worth picking as small cans as possible. Say, for 200 ml - one of these is just enough for a family tasting.
- Weigh the ingredients. This process is reminiscent of Cinderella gathering for a ball, in which you will be a fairy godmother. So, we had just such a bunch of "grimy" vegetables, only dug up in the morning ...
- ... And here is such a juicy grocery set. The peel from the carrot, as expected, is not cut off, but carefully peeled off.
- Heat the oil, stew the onions. Capacity should be taken from 2 liters, preferably even more voluminous. A cauldron, a pan with a thick bottom, a stewpan will suit you. It will take about 10 minutes to cook. Do not forget to stir the onion, it is insidious - for 8 minutes it can remain white, and the next moment it can be arrogantly burned.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater, send to the onion. Stew for another 15 minutes. The vegetable during this time will brighten and become soft.
- Add tomato paste and garlic (the latter can be either squeezed or finely chopped).
- Cook another 10-15 minutes. During this time, the future caviar will significantly decrease in volume - just the pan was full, and voila - half of the vegetables seemed to have gone somewhere.
- It's time to lower the blender here and mashed the carrots. You can not even turn off the fire.
- It remains to salt the caviar, pepper, pour vinegar, and let it boil (but in fact - just "puff", because it is very thick) for a couple of minutes.
- Still boiling, we seal it in sterile jars, turn them under a "fur coat" for the night. When the jars have cooled, transfer the workpiece to the basement.
Result : a delicate texture, but rather a burning (especially aftertaste) snack. Right after cooking, vinegar can be felt in it, but when the caviar is infused in jars, the taste normalizes.
Due to the lack of sugar, such a blank will be liked by those who follow their figure. It is also suitable for a lean table.
By the way! In appearance, this preparation resembles a classic squash caviar, and in the darkness of the pantry it is easy to confuse it with apricot jam. Therefore, the jars are worth signing!
Caviar with beets through a meat grinder (recipe in a slow cooker)
- Carrots - 1 kg
- Beets - 1 kg
- Onion - 500 g
- Refined Sunflower Oil - 50 ml
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l (large stone, without pea)
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. l
- Vinegar - 6 tbsp. l
The yield of the finished product : about 0.5 l.
By the way! It is not in vain in the ingredients that the salt is needed large. If you take the same 2 tablespoons, but finely ground (extra), the caviar will be hopelessly salted.
- So, again, Zolushkin ball! We get a kitchen scale, measure out the required number of ingredients. By the way, garlic here is just “for beauty”. In the recipe, it is not necessary, but if you like, chop it together with onions.
- Lose them clean!
- Puree vegetables with a blender with a bowl, but better in an electric grinder. Here's what processed beets look like ...
- …Carrot. It turned out to be unexpectedly many, just a mountain.
- And onion puree. When working with this vegetable next to it, you should unscrew the tap with cold water - running water will protect your eyes from tears.
- Select the "Vegetable Frying" mode, heat the oil. Put all the vegetables in a bowl, mix. Important! The bowl should be a volume of 4 liters or more!
- In most appliances, this frying takes 45 minutes. We cook caviar, stirring it from time to time with a plastic, and preferably a wooden spatula. As expected, during cooking it sank significantly ...
- Add salt, sugar, vinegar. If necessary, turn on the “Fry” again, so that the caviar boils for another 10 minutes. In general, it should be cooked for about an hour.
- We boil it in corks, and - under a fur coat!
Result : caviar unexpectedly juicy, sweet, tender.
If this preparation is done with tomatoes and herbs, you will have a lifesaver for borsch. But such as in this recipe, caviar is also suitable. A half-liter can of billet is enough for two 3-liter borscht pots (although caviar can be added more or less to taste).
An open jar will stand in the refrigerator for about a week, no more than two.
Caviar with carrots and apples
- Carrots - 1 kg (preferably young - it is the most tender and sweet)
- Green apples - 5 pcs (preferably acidic - the first summer ones are also suitable)
- Sugar - 250 g
- Boiling water - 85 ml (third of a glass, for syrup)
- Boiling water - 1 l
Output : from the specified amount of ingredients, a little more than a liter of the finished product should be obtained. This is enough for two half-liter jars + several sandwiches. But if possible, it is better to roll such a sweet caviar from carrots into small (one hundred or two hundred gram) jars. One such jar is just enough for breakfast for the whole family.
- Peel the carrots (you can not trim the young ones, but wipe them with the sharp end of the knife or with a metal "spring"). Cut into large pieces, put in a pan, pour boiling water.
- Boil until cooked. This will take about 15-20 minutes. Drain the water.
- Puree the carrots without waiting for it to cool. Any blender model is suitable for this. In the photo - submersible.
- Peel the apples from the middle (the peel, if the fruits are homemade, it is better to leave it - these are additional vitamins, and pectin, which is important for thickening carrot caviar). Cut the apples into small pieces, put in mashed carrot ...
- And continue to whisk everything with a blender. In the end, check for large apple slices.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling water (a third of a glass) with sugar (250 g). Pour boiling syrup into carrot puree. Put the pan with it on the stove, bring the sweet caviar to a boil, boil a little.
- Pour caviar into sterile jars, cover, place in a pan with hot water. Sterilize. Half-liter jars need to be boiled for about 15 minutes.
- After that, tightly close the jars, cover with something thick (an old bath towel is ideal). After 12 hours or a day, check whether the jars are leaking. If all goes well, take them to the basement. If the lids are holding poorly, put the cans in the refrigerator and eat caviar in 1-2 weeks.
Result : due to the high amount of sugar, such caviar will turn out semi-dessert. It can not be added to the soup, but in porridge such as oatmeal - perfect. Also from it you can make excellent sandwiches with fresh white bread and even buns.
Caviar with carrots, tomatoes and sweet peppers
- Carrots - 1.5 kg
- Bell pepper - 1 kg (sweet, preferably thick-walled, as juicy as possible)
- Zucchini - 2 pcs (small)
- Onions - 200 g (approximately 2 medium-sized onions)
- Garlic - 4 cloves (large)
- Vegetable oil - 150-200 ml
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp. l (these are approximately 2 medium-sized onions)
- Salt - 3 tsp. ("Under the knife")
- Sugar - 2 tsp.
Salt and sugar can be taken more or less, customizing the taste of carrot caviar to your preferences.
The yield of the finished product: about 1.8 liters. You get 3 jars of 0.5 l each + you fill one vase-bowl for a family tasting.
By the way! If you do not cook caviar using a blender, but cut all the ingredients into pieces, it will turn out to be a little more voluminous.
- Pre-bake peppers in the oven at 200 degrees. It should take about 20 minutes to bake. If the time is short, cut the peppers into 2 halves and peel the seeds, slightly sprinkled with vegetable oil (so as not to dry out). But it is advisable to bake them whole, and peel the finished, cooled fruits. The final chord is to remove a thin film of peel from each pepper (this is easier than it seems - the film separates when baked and leaves literally by itself).
- Heat oil in a saucepan (cauldron, cast iron) with thick walls. Fry the onion for about 5 minutes, until transparent.
- Add the carrots, diced (you can grate it on a coarse grater, so it will cook even faster). You are unlikely to have time to peel and cut 1.5 kg in 5 minutes while preparing the onion - prepare this vegetable in advance.
- After 15 minutes add the diced zucchini. In the photo - a young fruit with a delicate peel, it did not have to be cut. Hard peel from the old zucchini (like hardened seeds) must be removed.
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise, grate on a coarse grater, throw the remaining peel with the stalk in the hand.
- Pour the resulting tomato juice into a cauldron.
- Also add baked peppers inside.
- Stew carrots for about 10 minutes. After that, kill everything with a blender. If the model is submersible and the location of the outlet allows you, this can be done without even removing the pot from the stove.
- Add squeezed garlic, vinegar, sugar and salt. Boil vegetable caviar for another 5 minutes.
- Roll “salad” for the winter in sterile jars. Turn them under a "fur coat". Store the finished workpiece in a dark, cool place.
Result : saturated vegetable caviar, which can be confused with the usual squash. But it tastes softer, sweeter. In addition, she looks brighter, orange, elegant.
This caviar is ideal for sandwiches that are served with the first or second dish. If you decorate the sandwich with fresh herbs, the taste of the workpiece will sparkle with new, pleasant notes.
The secrets of cooking delicious carrot caviar for the winter
The first vegetable caviar was invented in African Tunisia more than one hundred years ago. At that time, the dish was textured, very spicy and it was carrot. When the caviar got to Russia, it turned into the appetizer with which we know it: it became tender, pasty, sweetish.
To make the workpiece as successful as possible, do not forget:
- choose saturated bright orange root vegetables - they contain the most vitamin A;
- there are a lot of vitamins in the carrot peel, so it’s better not to cut it with a knife, but to peel it off with a special brush or scrape it off with the sharp side of the knife (of course, this is much better if the carrot is fresh, seasonal, from the garden);
- use kitchen equipment: a meat grinder, and even better - a blender (preferably not with a bowl, but a submersible - this is the model that will really speed up the preparation of carrot caviar);
- the dish will sparkle with new colors, if the oil is used in the first extraction, and not necessarily sunflower - it is worth pouring a couple of spoonfuls of flaxseed into it, it will most successfully emphasize the taste of this vegetable;
- it is not necessary to sterilize containers with ready-made caviar, because the dish is boiled for a long time, but the lids and cans should be "neutralized" in the oven or over boiling water in any case;
- keep the workpiece in a cool, dark place (although caviar with vinegar is not bad even in a kitchen cabinet);
- Correct filling of jars can increase the shelf life of ready-made caviar - the less air pockets inside, the better the workpiece will stand idle, therefore, putting caviar in a jar, you need to shake the caviar in your hand or lightly tap on the table.
By the way! It is believed that a workpiece prepared in a slow cooker should be eaten first. It should be stored for up to 3 months, while caviar cooked in a more traditional way (on the stove) will stand up to 12 months without problems.
Such caviar can be used as a snack (in pure form or mixed with mayonnaise). It is not only well spread on bread, but also looks beautiful in tartlets. In addition, red carrot harvesting can be used as a ready-made dressing for soup (and no torture), and red, with beets, for borsch. Caviar can also be added to salad dressing, kebab marinade, used as an ingredient for main dishes.