Brazilian agaric mushroom
The Brazilian agaric mushroom belongs to the family Champignon, or Agaric, and belongs to the genus Agaricus. The genus includes about 30 species, but healing properties are characteristic only of it.
Brazilian agaric mushroom
This species is edible. In a young agaric mushroom, the hat has a cylindrical or conical flattened shape, which then becomes spread, a bulge is formed in the center. The diameter of the mushroom cap is 5–18 cm, but occasionally there are “giants” with a cap diameter reaching 30 cm.
Irina Selyutina (Biologist):
Wild agarica mushrooms are also called “button mushrooms” because their hats barely hatch from the ground and are almost invisible among the thickets of grass. The hat appears as a small button. At the beginning of its development, it is snow-white, then becomes pink, purple and black. Locals who collected wild agarics in Brazil used dogs that were trained to smell mushrooms, which is quite characteristic. Just like in France, dogs were trained to find truffles. Isn't it how amazing life is? Different countries, different mushrooms, but their searches are similar.
These edible mushrooms have a very unusual taste - at the same time it is spicy and sweet and sour. Residents of the Brazilian village, near which the almond mushroom was first described, used it in powder form to add to sauces, various meat dishes and in the manufacture of potions.
The surface of the young specimen is covered with a silky fibrous coating. The hat of an adult organism has a plaque of small scales. Color varies from white to reddish brown. As the edges grow, the caps break apart.
The agaric from Brazil has other names - almond, Brazilian mushroom, life mushroom, button mushroom, princess mushroom, etc.
Mushroom pulp is white, soft. It has a sweetish taste and an almond or anise smell. The mushroom leg is 6–12 cm high and 1.0–1.5 cm thick, has the shape of a bulb and expands toward the base. At the initial stage, it is characterized by a dense and solid structure, then it becomes hollow. Leg with pubescence at the base is scaly.
The Brazilian mushroom was discovered and described only in 1965 by the American mycologist Murril.
The edges of the cap in young specimens are connected to the leg by means of a bedspread. Subsequently, its integrity is destroyed, forming a two-layer smooth curved ring directed to the mushroom leg.
The mushroom described by Murril, after discovery in Brazil, was discovered in the northeastern United States and Canada, a little later - in Hawaii, the Philippines, Britain, Brazil and the Netherlands.
It grows in small colonies or singly, preferring forest litter with enriched soil. It is grown in artificial conditions in laboratories. Widespread in China, where it is grown from mycelium on substrate soils in darkened rooms throughout the calendar year.
The chemical composition of the almond mushroom contains:
- benzaldehyde, benzyl alcohol, benzonitrile and methyl benzoate, providing its specific smell;
- beta-glucan polysaccharides carrying the function of penicillin (antibiotic);
- pyroglutamate - an acid that has the properties of blocking tumors;
- steroids that affect the cellular composition of carcinoma and stop the process of tumor growth;
- provitamin D3;
- linoleic acid.
Scope of application
The mushroom found its application in medicine
The main field of application of Brazilian agaric is pharmacology.
Brazilian agaric has the following properties:
- prevents radiation damage to cells;
- participates in regeneration processes in violation of the structure and functions of liver cells, improving its functions, maintaining the values of bilirubin and prothrombin, bile acid and iron-containing protein, restores the cellular composition in hepatitis, normalizes enzymes, acts as a stimulant for hemocyte;
- lowers the percentage of blood sugar, increasing the level of insulin resistance, prevents the development of diabetes;
- normalizes pressure;
- regulates the level of cholesterol in the blood, preventing the development of atherosclerosis;
- neutralizes the activity of allergic processes, helping with dermatitis;
- inhibits fungal pathogenic flora, contributing to the treatment of fungal infections;
- normalizes the immune system, supporting homeostasis;
- acts as a stimulator of weight loss, removing cholesterol and cleansing the body of toxins, contributes to weight loss.
The medicinal properties of the fungus are Brazilian agaric, aimed at combating malignant tumors, including sarcoma, melanoma and leukemia, as well as at treating benign tumors, including polyps, papillomas, adenomas and myomas. Almond fungus preparations effectively affect neoplasms in the last stages of oncology, when ascites and the onset of lymphostasis develop. Effectively removes metabolic products of a malignant tumor in a state of necrosis.
Brazilian agaric mushroom is an edible champignon. It benefits human health, is used in general therapy and prevention. The medicinal properties of almond champignon are widely used in the fight against oncology.