The benefits of feeding eggplant yeast
Fertilizing eggplant with yeast favorably affects the development of a vegetable crop, activating the process of fruit formation and contributing to increased yields.
The benefits of feeding eggplant yeast
The benefits of eggplant yeast
The yeast contains a group of unicellular fungal organisms, the vital activity of which is associated with an environment rich in organic substances. All yeast mass on ¾ consists of water and on ¼ - of dry elements, among which:
- minerals, macro- and microelements: phosphoric acid, iodine, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, zinc;
- carbohydrates - polysaccharides;
- saturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids;
- proteins are amino acids;
- vitamins B, H, E.
The rich composition of the yeast mass makes it a useful top dressing for eggplant, peppers and tomatoes. She:
- activates the vegetative growth of vegetables, saturating the soil with the necessary bacteria for the plant,
- stimulates root formation processes, increasing the mass of the root system,
- increases endurance, favorably affecting the immunity of plants,
- reduces the period of survival of seedlings.
Preparation of yeast solution for feeding
It is possible to feed eggplants and peppers with solutions with yeast of any kind, including fresh, pressed and dry. In the absence of ready-made food yeast for the preparation of top dressing, the use of products containing them, including crackers and bread, is permissible.
There are several common recipes for yeast dressing:
- 1.5 tsp yeast mass and 1 st. l sugar pour 5 liters of warm water and insist 3 chacha. Ready for use, the infusion is diluted at the rate of 1 liter per 5 liters of water.
- 50 g of yeast is dissolved in 250 ml of water, the volume is adjusted to 5 l and applied under the plants immediately after preparation.
- 50 g of yeast is diluted with 5 l of warm water, mixed with 250 g of wood ash and eggplant and peppers are fed immediately after cooking.
- 10 liters of chopped greens, 0.5 kg of fresh yeast mass are placed in a barrel of 70 liters and left to ferment for a day. The liquid is used for irrigation, it is suitable for mass plantings of eggplant in a large garden.
- 30 g of fresh yeast mass, 50 ml of horse manure or chicken manure extract, 400 ml of wood ash, 5 tbsp. l sugar diluted with 10 liters of warm water. The working solution for irrigation is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10.
Any kind of yeast is suitable for the preparation of fertilizers.
Vegetable infusions from weeds, foliage of trees and potato tops are added to the composition of top dressing for seedlings and adult eggplants, which increases the effectiveness of the beneficial effect of yeast fertilizer on the development of a vegetable crop. The mixing of hop vines causes an enhanced fermentation process and releases more nitrogen.
Initially, eggplant is fed with yeast solutions after 7-10 days after transplanting seedlings in open soil or in a greenhouse. The norm for making yeast fertilizers is 0.5 l of the finished working solution for each plant.
After a short period of time after yeast dressing, the eggplant bushes increase in size, actively gaining leaf mass, the foliage acquires a bright color and becomes larger.
The second yeast feeding of eggplant occurs at the time before flowering. The norm for making yeast fertilizer is 1.5 liters for each plant.
The use of yeast bait has a number of features:
- it is carried out as additional stimulation in the presence of weak bushes of eggplant, which allows you to give strength to wilted plants,
- the effectiveness of the action of yeast increases in warm conditions, therefore, solutions based on them are recommended to be applied to well-warmed soil,
- in the process of vital activity of yeast in the soil, calcium and potassium are consumed, in order to restore the balance of which, fertilizer complexes containing these components are added to the poor in these soils in the soil or use solutions in the preparation of which wood ash is present,
- yeast mixtures when used as top dressing additionally act as a means of combating gray rot in seedlings.
Yeast bait for eggplant and peppers is an indispensable additional food, designed to accelerate the growth and development of vegetable culture. Usually it is carried out twice a season, but for the purpose of additional stimulation, more frequent use is permissible. The working solution is prepared according to one of the available recipes. Adding vegetable greens increases the effectiveness of yeast bait.