The benefits and harms of green garlic
The benefits and harms of young garlic for the body, its composition and methods of use are something any gardener should know about.
The benefits and harms of green garlic
Features of the composition
The composition of young garlic contains a high percentage of potassium, chlorine, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, as well as iron, zinc, copper, iodine and manganese. In addition, a huge amount of vitamins of group C, B, PP and K, essential and aromatic oils were recorded.
Garlic has a high energy value: about 75 kcal per 150 g. The main component of the composition is volatile, having the property to fight various microorganisms.
The smell of a plant can suppress the appearance and development of diseases such as typhoid and dysentery, as well as protect nearby crops from fungal and yeast diseases.
- Normalizes blood circulation. Cleans blood vessels and arteries from blood clots and plaques. Visibly reduces tension in the walls of blood vessels. It is also recommended to add to the diet for people with a predisposition to diseases such as atherosclerosis and arterial hypertension.
- Reduces blood sugar. The product is important for diabetics to use because it helps fructose to be absorbed in the blood.
- Helps prevent heart attack and stroke. Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Strengthens the immune system. Serves for the prevention of various viruses, inflammations and the development of bacteria in the human body. Also, the plant has ascorbic acid.
- Normalizes the work of the digestive tract. Helps accelerate digestion, strengthens the gastric mucosa. Regulates the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
- It is an oncology prevention. The trace elements contained in its composition do not allow the development of cancers.
- Promotes rejuvenation. The benefit of green garlic is that it contains a high percentage of selenium, which regulates intercellular metabolism, and also improves skin condition, takes care of its tone and elasticity.
- Improves memory.
- It is an antioxidant. It removes toxins from the body that poison the body and normalizes the oxidation of organic compounds.
- It has an antiseptic effect: it helps blood coagulate, and also resists wound infection.
Most often, green garlic is used to treat the following diseases:
- bronchial asthma;
- choking cough;
A homogeneous gruel is prepared from the cloves of a young vegetable, mixed with baked lard or butter. The resulting mixture is recommended to rub the area of the bronchi and neck, then wrap with a towel and leave for a couple of hours. In no case should you leave the ointment on the skin all night: this will lead to a slight burn or irritation.
The harm of garlic
Garlic is not always useful
Garlic can bring both benefit and harm to the body. Overuse of vegetables is fraught with the following consequences:
- Violation of the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. An overdose of trace elements from the composition of this vegetable can disrupt the metabolic processes, as well as provoke irritation of the gastric mucosa.
- Flatulence and diarrhea. Vegetable contributes to the accumulation of gases, as well as impaired stool. With diseases of the stomach, it can lead to internal bleeding.
- Smell from the mouth. The allicin already mentioned above causes a bad breath.
- Excess weight. Vegetable helps increase appetite.
- Frequent urination. Garlic increases the tone of the bladder, which leads to increased urge.
- Irritation of the respiratory tract. Due to the strong smell and sharp specific taste, irritation of the respiratory system is possible. This is rather unpleasant than dangerous.
The use of young green garlic is strictly contraindicated:
- Pregnant as well as breastfeeding women. Due to its strong taste and smell, the quality of milk may change.
- With an ulcer. There is a violation of the intestinal microflora, the mucosa is exposed to a strong effect.
- With kidney disease (glomerulonephritis).
- With hemorrhoids. An overdose leads to internal bleeding.
- Before the surgery. Do not use with blood-burning medications.
Young green garlic is one of the most wholesome foods. It is rich in vitamins, suitable for cooking, and is also an excellent medicine. It must be included in the diet in reasonable quantities.