Baking Soda for Cucumbers
When growing plants using chemicals that can be dangerous to human health. However, there are tools that can replace conventional fertilizers and dressers. What benefits does baking soda bring to cucumbers? We will analyze in detail what and how to use the substance for vegetables.
Baking Soda for Cucumbers
In the midst of the growing season, problems are activated that need to be quickly dealt with. Farmers do not always have time to get the necessary preparation on time, which negatively affects the crop.
Processing cucumbers with soda can affect the future crop. When soaking the seeds, it is possible to achieve the hatching of the entire seed. Friendly seedlings do not get sick and become stronger than other plants. Such seedlings do not delay flowering, and the formation of fruits passes without problems.
Water spraying on the leaf improves the taste of greens. Beautiful, neat cucumbers quickly ripen. Regular treatments help extend the yield period and increase the number of ovaries on one plant.
Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is not only an excellent assistant in cooking, cleaning, but also an indispensable tool for farmers. What is its feature when growing cucumbers? Farmers noticed a number of useful properties:
- Drives away insect pests. The substance contains alkaline components, the taste of which is not pleasant to parasites (aphids, caterpillars). Getting on the leaves in the form of a thin film, the drug makes the greens inedible.
- Protects from germs, fungi. Light antiviral and antibacterial abilities can get rid of diseases in the early stages of occurrence. Soda is safe for cucumbers, so it is often used as a prophylaxis.
- Adapts to adverse conditions. Watering and spraying activate the internal forces of plants, helping to resist diseases and decay of foliage.
Fungi are one of the most common ailments of culture, so gardeners have to look for ways to fight. Powdery mildew affects plant greens, covering the plates with white plaque-mycelium. If you do not delay the treatment, then sodium bicarbonate will help to cope without harm to the vine.
How to spray cucumbers with soda? To do this, you need to prepare a special solution, which is then carried out irrigation on the sheet with a spray. For fluid you will need:
- sodium bicarbonate - 50 g;
- laundry soap - 40 g;
- water - 1 bucket.
The bar is rubbed to the state of fluffy chips, and then combined with the powder in a slightly warm liquid. Gently mix until the components dissolve, then pour into a spray bottle. The procedure is carried out in the morning or in the evening until the signs on the greens completely disappear.
From gray rot
When grown in a greenhouse, cucumbers suffer from a dangerous bacterial disease. The disease affects all parts of plants from roots to greenhouses. Characteristic signs of the disease are gray spots on foliage and fruits. Disputes quickly spread through enclosed spaces, infecting nearby plantings.
Soda will help to cope with the disease
If rot is detected during the ripening period, it is better not to use chemicals: they accumulate in the pulp, making the food unsuitable for food. To cure a liana, it is worth resorting to a folk method. Baking soda for cucumbers is the safest solution. 75 g of powder is dissolved in a bucket of water, after which processing on a leaf and fruits is carried out every 3 days.
If you spray cucumbers with baking soda, you can get rid of aphids and caterpillars. Pests destroy the green mass of plants, which is the cause of disease and death. In hot summer, parasites become a real disaster for land owners. The use of chemicals during the ripening period will lead to the accumulation of poisons, so it is better to give preference to less dangerous means.
Thoroughly spraying foliage and lashes helps drive away annoying insects. Processing is carried out in dry, calm weather, not sparing the solution. The drug is prepared in the following proportions:
- liquid soap - 1 cup;
- sodium bicarbonate - 3 tbsp. l .;
- ground ash - a pinch;
- water is one bucket.
If you adhere to the recommendations and do not increase the dose, the product is completely safe for people and plants. The procedure is carried out 1 time in 3 days until the parasites completely disappear. After a week, the spraying is repeated, trying to wet as much greens as possible.
With improper care
Why pour cucumbers with baking soda? If the leaves turn yellow and fade, this is not necessarily a sign of disease. Most often, this way the plant makes it clear that it lacks moisture. This happens with occasional irrigation during a hot summer. To correct the consequences, you can use a proven tool.
In the garden, soda solution moisten the plants under the root. To do this, pour 1 tbsp. l sodium bicarbonate in a bucket of warm water, stirred until completely dissolved. By the way, the medicine helps to prolong fruiting and improves the appearance of greens.
How to fertilize
Soda for cucumbers can achieve excellent results. The substance is used as top dressing and a disinfectant solution for soaking seeds. To do this, 10 g of powder is diluted in 1 liter of liquid, stirred until completely dissolved. The raw materials for a day are placed in the product, after which they are thoroughly washed, dried and sown on the beds.
This procedure becomes reliable protection of seeds from fungus and pathogenic bacteria, prolongs the time of fruiting of cucumbers, increases their yield, improves taste.
This method will be dangerous for seeds of hybrids that go on sale already processed from all misfortunes. Additional soaks wash off the protective layer of substances, which weaken the plant. Before manipulation, it is advised to carefully study the instructions on the packaging for the seed.
Cucumbers can be watered with soda as a harmless fertilizer. Plants quickly transform, leaves do not turn yellow and do not fade. In the garden, procedures are performed twice in July and once in August. During this period, not only the ripening of Zelentsy falls, but also the abundance of hot days. Feeding does not work as instantly as chemicals, but the result will please the farmers.
Fertilizing soda of home cucumbers is carried out in the morning or in the evening. Any water treatments during the sun threaten plants with burns of greenery. Watering is necessary only with warm liquid, settled in fresh air during the day. By the way, using the tool, it is important to prevent excess sodium bicarbonate in the ground and on the plant, otherwise the culture will stop the development of the fruit. The frequency of feeding should not exceed 1 time per week.
- it is necessary to spray cucumbers with soda concentrate wisely, otherwise treatment or prevention will quickly destroy the seedlings. Experienced farmers are advised to start work in the garden when there are no signs of disease. Preventive measures are much more effective than the fight against the disease.
- So that the substance does not leave burns on the foliage, it is necessary to take a special sprayer. It’s better not to save and buy a professional device. The smaller the drop, the more uniform the application.
- Watering cucumbers with a solution of baking soda is not a complex fertilizer, but an additional tool to support plants. Do not use sodium bicarbonate solely as the main top dressing. It is advised to alternate applications with conventional mineral or organic preparations.
- Watering or spraying the culture should be within reasonable limits. If you carry out the procedure often, other problems may occur. For example, when soil is alkalized, the development of plants stops, the fruits are tied up small, irregular in shape, and the leaves turn yellow.
- When spraying and watering with soda solution, you can not independently increase the concentration of sodium bicarbonate. The proportions indicated in the recipes are safe for vegetables, but at the same time deadly for fungi and insects. It is better to repeat the treatment several times than then to observe the slow death of seedlings.
If you want to grow vegetables without involving chemistry, give preference to proven folk remedies. This will help to get home-made cucumbers without problems, baking soda will be an excellent addition to the basic agricultural procedures.