All about feeding pepper after planting in a greenhouse
Pepper is a moody culture. To get a good crop, you must follow the rules for caring for plants. It includes fertilizing at different stages of cultivation: from seedlings to adult plants. Pepper feeding is especially important after planting in the greenhouse. It is necessary to strictly observe the terms of its work and carefully relate to the compositions of the substances used.
Pepper dressing after planting in a greenhouse
What means to apply depends on the age of the plants, varieties and weather conditions. The main elements that are necessary for normal development:
- nitrogen - especially during the period of active growth of stems and leaves of peppers;
- potassium - during the formation of the ovaries;
- phosphorus - from transplanting to the beginning of fruiting, contributes to the development and strengthening of the root system, resulting in accelerated plant growth.
Pepper also needs magnesium, calcium, iodine, molybdenum, zinc, boron, manganese. Culture does not respond well to excess or lack of nutrients. If you add too much nitrogen, the plants will intensively build up green mass to the detriment of fruit formation.
In order for top dressing to give a positive result, you should adhere to the following recommendations:
- Dissolve mineral preparations or organics in warm (25 ° C), standing water. The temperature of the prepared product must match the temperature of the soil.
- Fertilizers are applied only after watering, for which a warm liquid is also taken.
- When the earth dries a little, it is necessary to loosen it to a shallow depth, since the root system of peppers is superficial.
- In cloudy weather, the amount of substances that contain potassium is increased by 1/5, in sunny - reduced by 1/5.
- Organic and mineral products alternate.
When to fertilize
The time for feeding peppers in the greenhouse depends on how correctly the bed was prepared. If in autumn, compost or humus was added to it, and in the spring - mineral fertilizers, then nutrients will be required less. In this case, they are introduced according to the following scheme:
- The first time - 14 days after planting, when flowering begins.
- The second - 14 days after the previous time during the formation of the ovaries.
- The third - after collecting the first fruits.
Sometimes the bushes need additional fertilizer. Which species to use depends on the condition of the plants. If flowering does not occur, then the soil is too saturated with nitrogen. With a lack of potassium leaves curl. With phosphorus starvation, a purple hue appears from below, and with nitrogen - the surface of the sheet plate acquires a matte gray color.
What fertilizers to apply
Nutrients can be consumed by plants through the root system or through leaves. Therefore, the methods of their introduction are different.
Mullein will accelerate the development of plants
At the first stage, bird droppings are used, which are dissolved in water in a ratio of 1:15, insist 5 days. Liquid mullein is also used. It is added to water in a ratio of 1:10, insist for at least a week.
Great for feeding peppers in a greenhouse herbal infusion. For its preparation take 6-7 kg of weeds. Purified from roots and seeds, crushed. Stacked in a barrel with a capacity of 100 l, add 1 glass of ash and 1 bucket of mullein. Pour water, mix. Insist at least a week. Consumption - 1-2 liters per plant.
Based on mineral preparations, such a tool is used:
- 40 g of superphosphate;
- 40 g of ammonium nitrate;
- 20 g of potassium sulfate;
- 10 liters of water.
At the second stage, to fertilize peppers in a greenhouse, use such an infusion:
- 1 glass of urea;
- 0.5 buckets of bird droppings;
- 1 bucket of last year's manure;
- 100 liters of water.
Leave for a week. Consumption of 5-6 liters of fluid for each bush. From organics, a mullein solution is used. The third time the nutrients are added the same as in the second stage.
If after feeding peppers in the greenhouse there is an excess of nitrogen, then you can correct the situation with the help of such a tool: 1 tsp. potassium sulfate, 1 tbsp. l superphosphate in 10 liters of water.
Foliar top dressing
Often after planting the plants in a permanent place, foliar top dressing is used to stimulate their growth. For this, 1 tsp. urea is diluted in 10 l of water. Plants are treated. This method of applying nutrients is also used in other cases:
- when the flowers fall dustless (this happens at high temperatures) - the bushes are sprayed with a solution of boric acid: 1 tsp. on 10 l of water;
- if the fruits are poorly formed - apply a solution of superphosphate: 1 tsp. funds for 5 liters of water;
- to protect against pests, as well as to increase immunity to various diseases, they are sprayed with an aqueous solution of ash.
All used liquids are filtered before use. Then it is poured into a spray bottle.
When feeding peppers after planting in a greenhouse, it is important to understand what types of peppers to use. Organic means contribute to a quick harvest, mineral - activate the growth of culture.
In order for the nutrients to give the desired effect, the rules for their application must be observed. The dosage of the funds must be accurate, otherwise you can get the opposite result.